Intumescent Coatings are Fire Retardant Coatings. Learn how to use, apply, and test them to specification.
Intumescent coatings are used on structural steel, fire proof doors, and the exterior of homes in fire prone areas.
The course covers:
- chemical properties of the coating carbon supplier; acid source and expanding agent
- coating requirements for structural metal work, including coating performance differences between hollow and concrete filled structures
- coating requirements for timber
- compatibility of coatings to substrates
- fire resistance level (FRL) rating of intumescent coatings for a range of construction materials
- materials storage and environmentally friendly waste management
- painting and decorating terminology
- plans, drawings and specifications for intumescent coatings
- processes for the calculation of material requirements
- quality requirements
- volume solids behaviour and impact on intumescent coatings performance.
Duration: approximately 8 hours
Course Requirements: You must have access to :
- a lap-top or PC with a web-cam
- wet film and dry film guage
- a timber door
- structural steel
Enrol and pay on-line to start