Painters Business Management Course
Business Management Courses
You might be a good painter, but if you don't understand how to run a business you won't really make any money! It is essential for anybody planning to start and run a painting business. Most painters study and learn how to become professional painters, but not many ever get training in how to run a business.
The National Painting and Decorating Institute has developed a series of on-line modules to help you start a painting business professionally, and grow it! These modules is self-paced, meaning you can start whenever you want, and do as much or as little as you have time for. They are 100% on-line, which means there are absolutely no travel or accommodation costs. All you need is a lap-top or PC with a web-cam. Log-in when it suits you.
Topics covered during the courses are:
- Business Planning including SWOT analysis
- Business Structures and what will work best for you
- Quoting, Contracts and Tendering
- Legal Requirements and Risk of Small Business
- Calculating and Estimating off Plans
- Marketing and Sales including social media and web-site marketing
- Customer Service strategies
- How to find and retain great customers
- Calculating hourly rates
- How to recruit, train and manage staff effectively
- How to create and interpret financial reports, including forecasting
- Sustainability and Workplace Health and Safety Management
- Environmental Management Plans
- Lead Paint Standards and Management
- AS/NZ Standards for Painting and Surface Preparation
Painting Industry Standards, Legislation and Regulations
Estimating, Tendering and Quoting Course
Financial Management and Budgeting
Marketing and Business Development Course
Resolving Business Disputes
The lessons are presented by some of Australia's leading painting contractors, lawyers, accountants, and business experts, including:
- Kochie from Seven's Sunrise
- Jim Baker (Author of Not Just a Painter, and multi-award winning painting contractor)
- Daniel Wurm (Creator of Award-winning GreenPainters Program, and trainer at National Painting and Decorating Institute)
- WorkCover NSW
- Queensland Building and Construction Commission
- Fair Work Australia
- Australian Taxation Office
- The Tradie Web Guys
- Peta Cherry (professional estimating trainer from the Painters Institute)
- Nigel Gorman (trainer, Aussie Painters Network)
There are over 300 high quality multi-media lessons that will guide you through the process of building your business professionally. Students have access to one-on-one mentoring from a professional trainer to provide personalised feedback.
Included in the course are dozens of professional documents including WHS Management Plans, Environmental Management Plans, HR Policies and Procedures, Contract Templates, and free spreadsheets and software for financial forecasting, which are yours to download and keep.
Self-paced means you can go as fast or as slow as you want. Each subject will take between 4 - 10 hours.
Allow 2 hours per week over 10 months on average to complete all modules.
$1190 for entire course. Payment plans are available.
You will need a lap-top or PC fitted with a web-cam. Use Google Chrome as your browser
"I've found this course and the information provided to be invaluable to me and others who do it in the way of understanding the fundamentals of running a painting business. The training and support I have received has made my experience very positive. I have little background in this aspect of the painting business, and Jim was there to assist and made things more understandable as in parts I was challenged. Thank you very much" - J. Hohepa
"This course has been amazing and I would highly recommend it to anyone and everyone that wants to get in to this business." - B Baldwin, Wagga Wagga