We use cookies to give you the best experience. By using this site you agree to our Privacy Policy. If you don't consent, you can opt-out by closing your browser tab or navigating to a different site.

Queensland Painters Licensing

To obtain a painters license in Queensland you will need to complete Certificate III Painting and Decorating, and a Business Management Course.
Certificate III Painting and Decorating is the nationally recognised qualification for painters and can be obtained by completing an apprenticeship, or by a skills assessment called Recognition of Prior Learning.
To be eligible for RPL Skills Assessment you must have a minimum of 4 years full-time experience as a painter.
The National Institute of Painting and Decorating, in partnership with Best Option Training RTO 41246 is the leading training provider for painters, and can help you get qualified and licensed.
Training will be provided in any subjects you don't already know. The training will be provided on your work-site and through our e-learning system, which means you don't need to take a lot of time off work to complete it.
Once you get qualified and licensed you will get free mentoring, stickers, a web-page and brochures to promote your business.
If you have more than 4 years experience but are not qualified the cost is $2500 for the Certificate and business course. You have up to 3 months to complete the course
If you are already qualified you only need to complete the QBCC Business Contractors Course, BSBSMB401 Establish legal and risk management requirements of small business, which costs $350 for Queensland residents and takes 8 hours to complete
Enrol, pay on-line and start today Start now